Is there anything more elegant than a wedding? Candles bathe a chapel in gold. Groomsmen and bridesmaids descend the aisles with bouquets of newness. And the groom stands at the front, longing for that moment his bride will appear and step toward him to start their new life together.
In Ephesians, Paul reminds us that Jesus is also longing for the day he will be united with the church--his bride in all her beauty. Paul's letter celebrates the beauty of the church and gives us wonderful examples and overviews of a Christian life. Paul shows us how to walk worthy of Christ as we live our life for God. His focus on the beauty of the church reminds us that through salvation we become a part of God's family: a place where we can experience true belonging.
As you read, study, journal, and discuss the book of Ephesians, watch for these key themes that Max will unpack throughout the book:
- We have many spiritual blessings through Christ.
- Each believer is gifted through the Spirit of God.
- Our faith should work its way into all of our relationships.
- Our spiritual strength comes from God through his Word and our faith.
The Life Lessons with Max Lucado series brings the Bible to life in twelve lessons filled with intriguing questions, inspirational stories, and poignant reflections to take you deeper into God's Word. Each lesson includes:
- An opening reflection on the Bible book you're studying.
- Background information to deepen your understanding of the cultural and historical setting.
- An excerpt of the text (from the NIV and the NKJV).
- Exploration questions with plenty of room to write your own thoughts and notes.
- Inspirational thoughts from Max as well as a closing takeaway for further reflection.
The Life Lessons series is ideal for use in both a small-group setting or for individual study.