The goal of any waterman or woman is to surf, paddle or row as often as they can, as well as they can, for the rest of their life. The trouble is that few understand how to get the most from their body and when they can't, what to do about it outside of the usual layoffs, surgeries and cortisone injections. As one veteran paddler recently put it: "Ibuprofen is my second religion."
There is a better way.
Using insights gleaned from his experiences on the whitewater canoe and rafting national teams and improving the performance and wellbeing of the world's top athletes, Dr. Kelly Starrett has created nothing short of a movement manifesto for the water athlete.
Equally applicable to the pro waterman, novice and everyone in between, Waterman 2.0 gives paddlers, surfers and rowers of all ages and abilities a one-stop guide to understanding:
- Basic movement baselines for optimal and sustainable performance on and off the water
- How to identify and fix weakest links, and become faster, stronger and more resilient
- Mobility techniques to help prevent, assess and address soft tissue, joint and sliding surface issues
- Common errors that lead to pain and performance limitations
- Corrective strategies that enhance movement patterns and unlock more speed and endurance
- Lifestyle adaptations that enable better preparation, training and racing
- Tactics for more effective recovery, hydration and sleep
Waterman 2.0 also features unique insights and tips from more than 30 of the world's top watermen and women, including Laird Hamilton, Kai Lenny, Emily Jackson-Troutman and Paige Alms. This book is the start of a revolution in water sports performance. Are you ready to become Waterman 2.0?