A new edition of the bestselling guide to the study of philosophy: the ideal intellectual 'toolkit' for sharpening analytical skills and building philosophical acuity
Whether used as a guide to basic principles or a resource for key concepts and methods, The Philosopher's Toolkit equips readers with all the intellectual 'tools' necessary for engaging closely with philosophical argument and developing fluency in the methods and language of philosophical inquiry. Featuring accessible explanations, practical examples, and expert guidance, this text empowers readers to understand traditional philosophical thinking and to engage with new ideas.
- Focuses on the practical methods and concepts necessary for philosophical inquiry
- Presents a versatile resource for both novice and advanced students in areas of philosophy, critical theory, and rhetoric
- Adopts a pluralistic approach to teaching philosophy, making this a suitable resource for many courses
- Delivers extensive cross-referenced entries, recommended readings, and updated online resources
- Covers an array of topics, from basic tools of argumentation to sophisticated philosophical principles
- Fully revised and updated to include new topics and entries as well as expanded recommended reading lists to encourage further study