Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
In this resource-rich book, you’ll find:
- All the planning and instructional tools you need to teach guided reading well, from pre-A to fluent, organized around Richardson’s proven Assess-Decide-Guide framework.
- Prompts, discussion starters, teaching points, word lists, intervention suggestions, and more to support all students, including dual language learners and struggling readers.
- 29 comprehension modules that cover essential strategies—monitoring, retelling, inferring, summarizing, and many others.
- Plus an online resource bank with dozens of downloadable assessment and record-keeping forms, Richardson’s all-new, stage-specific lesson plan templates.
- More than 50 videos showing Jan modeling key parts of guided reading lessons for every stage.
About the Author
Jan Richardson, Ph.D. is an educational consultant based in Wisconsin who has trained thousands of teachers and works with schools and districts to ensure that every student succeeds in reading. Jan’s work is informed by her experience as a reading specialist, a Reading Recovery teacher leader, a staff developer, and a teacher of every grade—K–12.
Next Step Forward in Guided Reading is a must for every teacher’s professional library. Jan not only unpacks the complexities of the reading process, but also provides a practical guide for teachers to follow as they implement guided reading.”—C.C. Bates, Ph.D., Literacy, Language, and Culture, Clemson University
Reading Next Step Forward in Guided Reading is like talking with Jan. You get clear, practical, and actionable suggestions for helping children move along a trajectory of growth toward evermore challenging texts.”
—Holly Slaughter, Reading and Language Arts Specialist, Pinellas County Schools, FL
“Our school literacy program has been successful because of the work of Jan Richardson. This book captures her expertise beautifully, not just through words, but also through videos of her demonstrating actual strategies. What a gift for reading teachers of all elementary grades!”
—Jill Levine, Chief Academic Officer, Hamilton County, Chattanooga, TN