Other Books in Series
- #8: Quicksand (Compact Disc): $9.99
- #9: Blood Game (Compact Disc): Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (970-728-4504) for price
- #10: Eight Days to Live (Eve Duncan Forensics Thrillers #10) (Abridged / Compact Disc): $9.99
- #11: Chasing the Night (Eve Duncan Forensics Thrillers #11) (Abridged / Compact Disc): $9.99
- #12: Quicksand (Abridged / Compact Disc): $14.99
- #17: Silencing Eve (Hardcover): $27.99
- #21: Night and Day (Eve Duncan Forensics Thrillers #21) (Large Print / Paperback): $17.99
Forensic sculptor Eve Duncan knows what it's like to be haunted by the past. For years after her daughter, Bonnie, was stolen from her, she fought for closure. When her mother, Sandra, asks Eve to find a missing friend named Beth Avery, she wants to help but is sure that Sandra is hiding something. The fact that she adamantly refuses to go to the police reinforces Eve's suspicions that something is very wrong.
Eve learns that Beth has been locked away in a mental hospital for years, which makes it even harder to understand how she could have disappeared. As Sandra reluctantly reveals small pieces of the truth about Beth's identity, Eve is shocked to discover that their lives are strangely entwined, and Beth's disappearance now puts them all in grave danger.
Desperate, Eve enlists a secret weapon to pick up Beth's trail: rogue profiler Kendra Michaels. With an uncanny ability to detect clues and solve puzzles, Kendra begins to uncover the bizarre circumstances of Beth's escape from what should have been the safety of her hospital room. Beth is on the run, and as her mind clears--detoxing from the drugs that have held her prisoner--she begins to see the threads of a twisted plot within the powerful Avery family, threatening to destroy her and anyone else who might jeopardize the high-stakes game that is already in play.