In this tender yet transparent guide to your final days, experienced hospice nurse Beth Cavenaugh reveals what options you may have as a patient living with a terminal disease. With personal stories and a touch of humor, Some Light at the End provides information about hospice care, the practicalities of the dying process, nursing guidance about pain and symptom management, and support for your loved one as they care for you along the way.
- Questions to consider when researching palliative care or hospice care as you advocate for your health and wellness.
- Contemplations to maximize the quality of your life even at the end of your life.
- Guidance to prepare your affairs and assemble a trusted personal care team.
- Strategies to deal with common medical symptoms including medicine management and non-pharmaceutical techniques.
- Activities and meditations to encourage emotional healing and connection as you navigate your anxiety and grief.
- After-death care ritual ideas for your caregiver to honor you and your body with love while grieving their loss.
Ease into the end of your life with a plan, knowing you will be taken care of and your wishes respected. Read Some Light at the End for the empowerment you deserve in this final stage of your beautiful life.