Oak-framed projects stand the test of time. The longevity of the mighty oak trees that grow for centuries is echoed in Oak-Framed Buildings - they are here to stay and so are these oak-framed buildings Newly updated, this classic title is ideal for carpenters, builders, aspiring DIYers, and anyone who appreciates beautiful, durable, and environmentally friendly structures.
Revised and fully up-to-date. Oak-Framed Buildings has been substantially revised to bring the book completely up-to-date and in compliance with current building technology. It combines traditional building techniques with modern materials and installation methds, resulting in solid buildings with a high standard of energy efficiency. It covers all this and more:
- Practical information about the history of timber framing
- Structural qualities of oak
- How-to get started
- Techniques of timber-frame construction
- Designing frames
- Making and raising frames
- The building envelope
- Finishing details and much more
Beautifully photographed. The structural details are clearly explained through:
- 180 stunning full-color photographs of structures in various stages of construction
- 90 three-dimensional illustrations
The best of yesterday and tomorrow. Oak-Framed Buildingsis an amazing melding of centuries-old techniques with 21st century environmental and energy-saving standards - an essential resource for pros and non-pros alike.