Parasiticide Discovery: In Vitro and In Vivo Tests with Relevant Parasite Rearing and Host Infection/Infestation Methods, Volume Two presents valuable screening methods that have led to the discovery of the majority of parasiticides commercialized in the animal health industry. As much of the knowledge of parasiticide discovery methods is being lost in the animal health industry as seasoned parasitologists retire, this book serves to preserve valuable methods that have led to the discovery of the majority of parasiticides commercialized in animal health, also giving insights into the in vitro and in vivo methods used to identify the parasiticide activity of compounds.
- Addresses current issues of resistance, along with combination uses for resistant parasites
- Presents useful, authoritative information (chemical, pharmaceutical, clinical, etc.) for the pyrantel family of compounds
- Includes a discussion on screening methods in combination therapies
- Provides cutting-edge material for an evolving area of scientific discussion
- Includes in vitro and in vivo screens and parasite maintenance and culture methods